A New Take on Pan Tres Leches by Fligo

My love affair with Tres leches Cakes began when I first tried it from a local restaurant in Polomolok. It was the first time that I have heard of the name and I expected a sweet Leche Flan on top of a sponge cake because of the word "leche" attached to it. Never did I know what it was, and on my first bite, I discovered this whole new way on how to make a cake more tasty and creamy.

Fast forward to a year after, on my cousin's bridal shower, we were at Fligo by Chef Minerva. It is a New American restaurant in GenSan that serves New American dishes, and one of the desserts that were in the buffet was a nice, huge tray of Tres Leches Cake. Since I already knew what it was, I immediately took a few slices and feasted on it. I was expecting that it would taste the same with the other Tres Leches Cakes that I have already tasted but, boy, was I surprised.

Tres leches was aptly named because the butter or sponge cake base was soaked in three kinds of milk (evaporated, condensed and milk). In this new version from Fligo, aside from the expected three kinds of milk, there was also a layer of strawberry slices and a few nuts which actually made a difference in the texture and taste. Plus, on top of the delicious cream was a layer of white chocolate ganache, adding an extra chocolatey flavor, which was something that made it really indulgent, yet not too sweet to the taste.

If you would like to try this delectable dessert, head over to Fligo by Chef Minerva at Cabe Subdivision Road, General Santos City.

Comments