Where to Get the Delicious Food from Hospital Playlist Near You

It's been a while since I've watched a K-Drama this religiously and I can only count a few Korean Dramas that I was hooked on because I'm a lazy subtitle reader and I fall asleep easily when the pacing is too slow or get disinterested when it is too fast.

Well, apart from the well-researched script, which I really appreciate, the medical drama Hospital Playlist hit me on the right spots with its "slice of life" approach in telling the story of the hospital staff and clientele of Yulje Medical Center. My eyes are glued not only to the aesthetically pleasing set but also to the gorgeous cast, most especially the 5 lead doctors of the drama.

Just like Reply 1988 (which is another drama from the same writer that I also love), watching The Hospital Playlist makes me hungry all the time because of the nonstop featuring of delicious food and beverages! Every time a scene of them eating comes on the screen, I can't help but wish to teleport myself into the scene because everything looks so appetizing.

Now I've tried looking back at the food they've already featured in season 1 (I'm not yet done so no spoilers please), and here are some of the delicious offerings in the drama that can be found near the SOX area.

1. Hospital Café Iced Americano

I've always preferred my coffee with milk but after I tried Iced Americano (which is everywhere in Gensan, Polomolok & Koronadal I believe), I'm never going back to Iced Latté again. Get a cold glass of this addicting brew from Tea Coffee Break in General Santos City.


 
 
2. Uju's Favorite Corn Dog
 
I'm not really a fan of Corn Dog's since I do not like the taste of Mozarella but this Corn Dog from Chijeu Corn Dog Bites is actually decent because of its tasteful dip.


3. BTS Cold Brew

Yes, it has to be the one with the BTS photos because yes, I love K-pop and I love BTS too! The same exact brand and variants of this bottled cold brew drink arrived here from South Korea with love. I found these canisters from AMS Mart in General Santos City, which is one of the first Korean Grocery Stores in the region.
 
 
4. Gimbap (Which they eat in hand, wrapped in foil) & Tteokbokki
 
When I was not very knowledgeable about Korean food, I though that Sushi & Gimbap were the same. But when I got into K-Pop & K-Drama, I found out that there's a whole lot of difference between the two. Also, when it comes to Korean food, Tteokbokki would always be my top favorite, followed by Gimbap & Kimchi to a close second.

The most delicious Gimbap & Tteokbokki I've tasted by far are the ones from Chilled Seoul Good Food Restaurant in The Uptown Place, Purok Malaks, General Santos City.


5. Egg Drop Sandwiches

This one is very new to me and I haven't even tried it but after a few Facebook searches, I found out that a local store is making them at SM Gensan but for a limited time only. Kona Bakehouse, which started as a soufflé pancake shop began its limited selling of the famous sandwich since July.


Hospital Playlist is created by producer Shin Won Ho and writer Lee Woo Jung. The show revolves around five doctors who have been best friends since med school. They end up working in the same hospital, Yulje Medical Center.


Comments